Friday, October 13, 2006

Telegram Finds One Person To Complain

It's no wonder elections are sometimes called the silly season. This particular news piece about the horrors sprung on people from the Healey campaign as they actually call them on the phone represents a case in point. The entire article is based on a single witness. One complaint from an 85 year old woman.
In a past life I did telemarketing for about six months. Older people would regularly freak out. The typical call would go something like this: "Hello, my name is Granted and I'm calling on behalf of Weekly Reader." "YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK. STOP HARASSING ME." Off the sheet goes to a "never, ever, under any circumstances call again stack." Believe me, the hang-ups were much easier to deal with than Grannie shrieking in your ear about what an evil monster you are.
This one sure struck me along the same lines.
Elect Kerry Healey

1 comment:

Nylarthotep said...

The Telegram must be in desperate need of news. This is so lame it's almost painful. The old lady gets free reign to call names and whine. Must have made her day.

If I get that way when I'm old I hope someone will just cap me.