Saturday, October 07, 2006

LaGuer Not Betrayed by Patrick

Ah, how sweet.

Convicted rapist Benjamin LaGuer said yesterday that he is not upset that Democratic gubernatorial candidate Deval L. Patrick has backed off from helping him try to win his release from prison, but he expressed bitterness that his case has exploded into a campaign issue.

Well, no. Of course he doesn't feel betrayed and of course he's not happy about it being a campaign issue. That's because he's probably counting on Duval Patrick giving him a pardon. After all, Patrick hasn't said that he would absolutely not give this guy a pardon.
LaGuer said ``political operatives" had exploited Patrick's assistance to advance their agendas. He declined to identify the operatives. ``I've been thrust into a forum which was not welcome," he said. ``I've wanted scrutiny of the facts of my case. I've not wanted a political fight."

While I would normally need to check outside if a convicted torturer and rapist told me it was day time, I think he's probably telling the truth on this one. Closer scrutiny, especially public & political scrutiny, will not help his case.
Vote for Kerry Healy

No comments: