Saturday, October 14, 2006

More on Deval Patrick's Family

Well, as loathsome as I find this, I guess its become a campaign issue now. Charges & counter-charges are flying. Yesterday I posted that it was unclear if Patrick was actually blaming Healey. It's no longer unclear

"It's pathetic and it's wrong," Patrick said in a statement he read at a Cambridge campaign stop. ``By no rules of common decency should their private struggles become a public issue. But this is the politics of Kerry Healey. It disgusts me. And it must be stopped."

The Healey campaign denies involvement and says, quite appropriately, without proof, this is a baseless accusation and a smear tactic. Further,
Healey told reporters she didn't ``consider this a campaign issue," adding that ``I'm not using it in my campaign." Her campaign repeatedly sought to direct questions back at Patrick yesterday.

And her campaign manager had more
``This campaign had nothing to do with the story," said Healey campaign manager Tim O'Brien. ``This is a wild accusation without any proof. To walk off without answering questions -- I don't know how that's acceptable.
``We demand Deval Patrick come out of hiding, answer any and all questions from the press, and issue an immediate apology to Kerry Healey for making wild and baseless accusations."

Seriously, this is yucky stuff
The Globe received an anonymous two-page document last week describing the criminal case.

But then, Mike Dukakis comes screaming in complaining... well, I'll make another post for that.
Elect Kerry Healey

No comments: