Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Deval Patrick Will NOT Run Attack Ads

As previously stated, the Patrick campaign is not running any attack ads. Here's a description of the latest positive, issue-oriented ad:

With photos of Healey and Governor Mitt Romney, the ad recites ``crushing property taxes," rising crime and police layoffs, the Big Dig tunnel collapse, and job losses. ``All they have left to offer are misleading negative ads," the narrator says, with a dark image of an earlier Healey ad, linking Patrick to the defense of a Florida police killer.

See. Total focus on the issues, no attacking at all... Nah, I'm not buying it either. Before anyone jumps up & says "But Granted, you simpleton, if one side does it, so can the other side," I don't have any issues with him running attack ads. My problem with him is, he stated categorically that he would not run any attack ads. Yet, here we are.
The advisers said Patrick and his aides decided not to launch a negative counteroffensive.

What? This is a positive ad? You know, I do not think that word means what you think it means.
``On some issues, Deval Patrick and I agree," Healey said, speaking with a calm tone as she looks at the camera. ``But there are critical differences that affect your family. He'll let the Legislature spend whatever they want and tax whatever they can. I won't. He'll give illegal immigrants driver's licenses and in-state tuition. I won't. I've fought for victims' rights. Too often he's on the other side. If you agree with me, let's change Massachusetts together."

Works for me.
Elect Kerry Healey

No comments: