Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Healy Calls for Single Standard in Massachusetts Gun Licensing

Or, as the Globe would have it, "Healy calls for stripping police chiefs of their licensing role." I'm lucky and I know it. I've got a good police chief in my town who basically deals with things almost like this state was a "shall issue" state. If anyone applies and passes the background checks, you get approved. Other people across the rest of the state aren't so lucky. Healey is proposing making the state into something approaching "shall issue." Yee Ha!
How's this for a heavily edited quote in the Globe:

"My proposal would be to elevate that position to a state body, so that citizens of the Commonwealth . . . could have the same standards applied to their application to carry or possess a gun," Healey said at a news conference. "At this moment, your ability is . . . completely controlled by the police chief. I think we have a need for a standard set of regulations. . . . that would be much better done at a state level, not a local level."

Three elipsis in a single statement. Wonder what else she said. Unfortunately, I can't find out because it looks like her web site is down. Gee, I wonder if it's a denial of service attack? I'm sure it wouldn't be some enterprising member of the reality based community trying to shut down someone elses free speech. That would be wrong (end sarcasm).

No comments: