Thursday, June 16, 2005

Batman Begins

I didn't read all the review because I don't want any spoilers, but lordy what a bad review. Anyone who starts off pining for Joel Schumacher's Batman just clearly doesn't get it. Everything that he was whining about in the film sounds bloody terrefic. Maybe the reviewer doesn't know that there was a comic book out there that's wildly popular and that ever since the early 70's has had some pretty dark, twisted stories in it. Because he sure acts like it's a surprise that the character is carrying mucho baggage around. Forget the comics for a second, the Batman on the Justice League cartoon is pretty dark & twisted, scaring the bejeezus out of power-houses like the Martian Manhunter & Superman, let alone the bad guys that don't normally hang around Gotham.

Oh, back to the review, this is a fan-boy film from everything I've heard & seen. Posting a review by anyone but a fan-boy (and someone who prefers Schumacher's Batman films to having kerosene poured into their eyes does not qualify as a fan-boy) do the review is a major mistake.

Somone read the whole review and tell me if it gets better.

3 comments:

Nylarthotep said...

You know this guy is a loser when he states they got the batmobile wrong. Sorry, from what I've seen that one is perfect. The only thing better would be the vehicle that "nothing from this planet can penetrate."

Then he goes on to actually like Keaton and stated that he understood how to be batman. Ummm, what? I thought Keaton was one of the worst castings. Crowe was much better, though the movie still sucked.

He does talk about some of the other things in the movie that sound odd to me, but not totally whacked. I think I'll wait until I see the movie before I make any judgements though. This guy has convinced me that I do want to see it because he disliked it.

Granted said...

Keaton? Batman, as far as I can remember, actually had a chin, unlike Keaton.

You can't trust normal people on stuff like this. For example, every geek I know popped instant wood at the end of X-Men2, yet I read a review complaining about the ending, out on the water with meaningless images... Meaningless... It's the bloody Phoenix you schmuck!

geekwife said...

Ahh, you boys....

Personally, I'm drooling over the previews, and I can't wait to see the film. Granted turned me on to Frank Miller's Dark Knight while we were still dating, and I've never looked back.

I will NOT pop geek wood, however.

And even *I* got the Phoenix reference. Don't they know genre films have to be reviewed by the right people? You can't send your average film critic.