Thursday, June 02, 2005

Beauty and the Geek

Here is an all-star show brought to you by Ashton Kutcher or "Punk'd" fame. It will be another show that I will refuse to watch and will make a lot of money.

Look at the pictures of these people. They prove without a doubt that Granted is a psuedoGeek. No way He'll ever reach this level.

I've seen one commercial for this and it was sufficient to cause me to turn off the television and pick up a book. All I recall is that the Geek answered some question (I believe correctly) with 1942. The Bimbo, oh sorry, I meant Beauty, then told him he was wrong and quotes "In 1942 Columbus sailed the ocean blue."

Television is truly the idiot box in this context.

3 comments:

Granted said...

I am not a psuedo-geek. I am a fully qualified geek. I have comic books, a barf bag from Mark of the Devil, pictures of model diorama's I built as a teenager (instead of going out with girls), a stack of wargames still stored in Mom's garage, two different period garb (one for the middle ages, one for the Revolutionary period), I work on computers and play with them, I use alternate browsers & OS's (Linux is pretty cool, but a pain the tucas). Don't you dare question my geekhood, bo-ah!

Nylarthotep said...

Pseudo-Geek.

Reasons.
1) Shaved head, Goatee, no glasses
2) Physically in good shape
3) Have most social graces of real human
4) Appreciation and ownership of high caliber weaponry
5) Doesn't program or build drivers for linux in his spare time "for fun"
6) Martial Arts black belt
7) Very good looking wife
8) Wears cowboy hat with suit (in New England)
9) Owns a chainsaw and can sharpen it
10) Owns more than one Kayak and enjoys using them
11) Different period garb doesn't include a star trek or klingon uniform

Ok I'll give that you are pretty geeky. But your geeky in the same manner as a pseudo-random number function creates random numbers. The numbers produced for all intents and purposes are random, though in reality they aren't. It's just very hard to tell that they aren't.

geekwife said...

Why, thank you! It's nice that you didn't qualify it with "for her age" which would have been more accurate.