Saturday, June 18, 2005

Gun Grabber Hypocrisy

This is just incredible, and kind of funny.

An anti-gun campaigner today criticized police as ?heavy handed? after she was arrested for having a pump-action sawn-off shotgun in her home.

Grandmother Sheila Eccleston said she was locked in a police cell for 12 hours after she attempted to hand in the weapon.

And
Mrs Eccleston, of Martindale Crescent, Longsight, Manchester, said she was given the gun by a youth six months ago and hid it in her bedroom in a suitcase above her wardrobe.

She criticisms police saying her arrest sent out the wrong message to those wanting to hand in weapons.

She said: ?If people see a person like me being arrested despite all the work I do to get guns off the street, they are even less likely to hand them in.

?I called the police. I told them about the gun. Yet they still arrested me and kept me locked up for hours.

So, let's see. She was in possession of a sawed off shotgun (which is illegal in the UK by the way) and she claims she was trying to turn it in (at 1:00 AM while reporting a burglary in progress in a neighbor's house). She's upset that she was arrested. Now if I had a kilo of cocaine and tried to turn it in, do you suppose I'd be arrested? I would. DingBat!

The Smallest Minority has a nice blog entry on the topic and a bunch of links to other gun grabber hypocrites.

No comments: