Friday, August 05, 2005

Roberts Nomination to Supremes

So here is another report that makes me think this guy is an excellent choice.

Supreme Court nominee John G. Roberts Jr. worked behind the scenes for gay rights activists, and his legal expertise helped them persuade the Supreme Court to issue a landmark 1996 ruling protecting people from discrimination because of their sexual orientation.
This was pro-bono work, meaning no money. Sounds like a strange lawyer to me.

I still haven't heard anything that makes me think Roberts shouldn't have the seat. Every single objection I've heard from all the whacked out liberal left have done nothing more than convince me that he's the right person. Mostly I don't take their word on anything, I just go and look up the information on the case and that provides some very convincing information.

Of course there also is the tabloids going after access to the adoption records for his children.
The NEW YORK TIMES is looking into the adoption records of the children of Supreme Court Nominee John G. Roberts, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The TIMES has investigative reporter Glen Justice hot on the case to investigate the status of adoption records of Judge RobertsÂ’ two young children, Josie age 5 and Jack age 4, a top source reveals.

Judge Roberts and his wife Jane adopted the children when they each were infants.

Both children were adopted from Latin America.

A TIMES insider claims the look into the adoption papers are part of the paper's "standard background check."
Standard background check? Give me a break. If this is standard then the NYT is slimier than I ever believed. What a bunch of crap. Let's not look into what his record on the bench is, let's look at how he adopted his children. Bloody scumbags.


No comments: