Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Jack the Ripper Follow-up

For Ripper information, nothing beats Casebook as a resource. I've been interested in these murders for a long time, which is kind of weird for me because I don't read other true-crime books. That said, I've got like 6-8 books on this topic at home, plus a subscription to Ripperologist and I've long been a reader of the Casebook web site.

Now, this guy may be introducing some new approaches to the information, but his theory is not new. It actually goes back to the time of the murders. What are referred to in the article below as "blinkered" policemen, were actively checking seamen. At least one witness description of a possible siting of Jack sounds a lot like a seaman and it was thoroughly investigated by the police at the time. The rest of the article repeats old canards that have long been dismissed and/or questioned by serious researchers and students. The review on Casebook covers more info in greater detail than I'm going to address here.

No comments: