Monday, May 16, 2005

Discovery Channel's 100 Greatest Americans

This one is a Professor Bainbridge blog entry.

I have to agree with his analysis that the nominees put forward by the Discovery Channel are pretty much abominable. Though I think the professor adds a couple sour notes in his list. (Julia Child and Robert Mondalvi don't rank in the top 100 greatest. Sorry.)

Pretty pathetic that that is the best that they could come up with. Personally, I don't see how any athlete or actor should have made this list. From what I see, they almost make up a majority of the list. Not to mention that the list is very much centered around the 20th century.

Why should we be surprised with this when we see distortions of history like the Nickelodeon History piece.

UPDATE: This is even worse than I originally thought. The Discovery channel didn't do the picks, it was done by a poll of 500,000 people. Really bloody stupid people apparently.

No comments: