Tuesday, May 03, 2005

FEC Proposed Rules on Bloggers

The linked article is from Captain's Quarters. Another interesting attack on bloggers by the MSM. They go on about 'paid blogger sites.' That is pretty funny. How many blogs are there out there? And how many are actually popular? My point being that you can't just start a blog and expect to be read by anyone at all. And from my point of view, the best bloggers wouldn't touch political payments without disclosure to the readers.

In any case, I finally got a response from one of my senators on the FEC regulations that I sent a long time ago. Form letter of course. But there was a listed link that is a good place to go to send comments and look at the regulations. The CFR (code of Federal Regulations) is here that specifically speaks to "General Public Political Advertising." If you look up that phrase at this site regulations.gov you can look at the CFR and how to send comments.

No comments: