Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Expelled From Pre-School

Having a sometimes problematic little boy, I identified with this story, but in the end, it felt like they were failing, not the school system (private or otherwise). The wive's complaints at the end really freaked me out AND, if a kid inflicted that kind of violence on my wife, a spanking would follow.

Don't give me that it only teaches violence BS. It teaches consequences. The real world has consequences. Sometimes those consequences are painful and humiliating. Maybe this kid needs to feel some pain in order to develop some empathy.

I feel the need to mention, I'm not suggesting beating him bloody, far from it, been there, done that, got the scars and the t-shirt, but a couple of non-damaging swats to the rear end are real attention getters.

All that said, I love hearing about other children behaving worse than mine because it gives me hope that mine aren't that bad and that I'm not screwing them up too much.

2 comments:

Nylarthotep said...

Now there is a household that is going to spiral into hell. Self made hell mind you.

He's on anti-depressants. They pay their taxes with credit cards. They're selling the house to pay the credit card bills. She's an artist who the kid drives nuts. He's a writer, that the kid drives nuts. (Sounds like that kid is just too inconvinient for their life style.)

I'm surprised that these people also don't understand that the pre-school has some liability in preventing the children from maiming each other. And that kid is just a perfect example of why they can't keep those types of children in with the normals.

I would say I'm sorry for them, but I'm not. Molly-coddling and reasoning will never work with that kid. If that isn't completely obvious, then these people are doomed.

Granted said...

It didn't hit me until just now the lack of concern they showed for the kids that theirs was regularly attacking. These people have some serious issues.