Saturday, January 14, 2006

Murtha and Troop Morale

After the 60-Minutes Propaganda piece for Murtha, we can note the very well hidden story of a former Marine telling off Murtha and Jim Moran at their town-meeting.
"Yes sir my name is Mark Seavey and I just want to thank you for coming up here. Until about a month ago I was Sergeant Mark Seavey infantry squad leader, I returned from Afghanistan. My question to you, (applause)

"Like yourself I dropped out of college two years ago to volunteer to go to Afghanistan, and I went and I came back. If I didn't have a herniated disk now I would volunteer to go to Iraq in a second with my troops, three of which have already volunteered to go to Iraq. I keep hearing you say how you talk to the troops and the troops are demoralized, and I really resent that characterization. (applause) The morale of the troops that I talk to is phenomenal, which is why my troops are volunteering to go back, despite the hardships they had to endure in Afghanistan.

"And Congressman Moran, 200 of your constituents just returned from Afghanistan. We never got a letter from you; we never got a visit from you. You didn't come to our homecoming. The only thing we got from any of our elected officials was one letter from the governor of this state thanking us for our service in Iraq, when we were in Afghanistan. That's reprehensible. I don't know who you two are talking to but the morale of the troops is very high."

The only response from Murtha and Moran was Moran saying, "That's a comment not a question."
Interesting that they only could respond with a vapid reaction. If they couldn't even respond, how genuine could there statements on morale of the military be?

Try to seen how much press this got. Rumsfeld or Bush get a question from the military questioning a policy and the news blasts it around to ensure everyone knows that the military aren't supporting the President. But if a soldier holds a Bush critic to his comments, it's very well hidden. When I saw this report I could only find 10 stories on the MSM web. The number of reports on Murtha's prediction for major withdrawals in '06 was 42. The number of reports related to questions of Murtha's purple heart were 12.

But of course the vast majority of the MSM must be fair and balanced. (or not)

No comments: