Sunday, January 15, 2006

History Channel Slap Down

I've got a serious love/hate thing going on with the History Channel. I love the concept, but I hate the content. OK, maybe that's strong, but I would honestly expect more than we're getting. I missed the show on the "Little Ice Age" of the Middle Ages, but, thankfully, not the Instapunk. He basically gives the show a proctology exam and the prognosis isn't good.
My own history jones mainly covers time periods prior to this, dark ages europe, & the crusades, only to skip a few hundred years to start up again around the French & Indian wars. So, I've heard the little ice age mentioned, but never read much on it. After Instapunk's entertaining trashing of the concept (both scientific & political), I'm going to have a much more jaundiced eye for the topic.

No comments: