Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Feinstein Grabbing Guns Again

Hattip to Ravenwood's Universe.

Interesting how I always get irritated when I run into a Frisco news organ.

Dianne "I-have-a-federal-carry-permit-but-you-can't-own-a-gun" Feinstein wants to re-establish the 1994 Assault Weapons ban. Here's the quote that just made my head spin.
Feinstein announced bipartisan co-sponsors Monday: Republican Sens. John Warner of Virginia and Mike DeWine of Ohio, and Democratic Sen. Charles Schumer of New York. But getting the bill through the Republican-controlled Congress will be an uphill battle.

"We know the ban worked. We voted for its renewal in the Senate last year. Yet, it was allowed to expire," Feinstein said in a statement. "This failure will have deadly consequences on the streets of America. It is time to re-establish the ban and help make our communities safer."

It worked? Funny, everything I find says just the opposite. I'm certain you can find better articles if you look. Most search results I've found are from the gun-grabbers and don't actually show where they get their statistics, unlike the linked article.

No comments: