Friday, December 17, 2004

Some people are never happy

There. I posted. Happy now?

Seriously though, I thought I should post a link over to RatherBiased. If anyone is going to have information when the CBS News report will be released, it'll be these guys. Plus, they've got an interesting site. For other news along similar lines you can over to RatherGate.

Which brings me to a little rant. Yes. OK. We all remember. WaterGATE brought down a president. However, all the other bloody GATES that the media (and apparently ourselves) slap on words to suggest, hey, maybe another president (or, now, just about anyone) is on the chopping block. So we end up with MonicaGate, RatherGate, AbuGate, TortureGate. Please. Make it stop. No more. Enough. Teapot Dome brought down a president. Couldn't we start calling stuff TortureDome? Sounds like more fun anyway.

4 comments:

Nylarthotep said...

Yes, Now I don't feel like I'm raving alone.

Now I'll read what was posted.

Granted said...

Good.

Did you read my comments to your post on the "non"-lethal weapons?

Nylarthotep said...

Yup. Got a kick out of that. I found the Enterprise article just baffling. Instead of harping on the non-lethality and the fact that it can and will save lives, they merely whine about it not being absolutely non-lethal.

I suppose the fluffy soft pillow gun failed the effectiveness tests.

Granted said...

Yeah, time to bring out the comfy chair. That'll show them.