Thursday, February 17, 2005

Startups and Drinking the Coolaid

No link. Just a rant.

I work for a startup. We had a company meeting yesterday about a huge management turn over and got a dose of the coolaid from the Chairman of the Board and the new Interim CEO.

So, after already being at work for 10 hours, I sat in my chair and had the leather funnel put into my mouth and they used the jumbo size coolaid pouch to start pouring. An hour later, having really having said absolutely nothing of any value, they started the presentations from the CTO and the head of Product Management. Product Management actually provided some interesting information, while the CTO brought his own big jug of coolaid.

Forty minutes later, I said "to hell with this," and walked out.

Why, must people in management torture you with useless information and then tell you how wonderful everything is? I always get nervous that they are hiding something nefarious in the coolaid. Not to mention, I hate spending 12 hours at work when the last 2 were just a waste of time.

No comments: