Friday, February 11, 2005

St. John's Wart Better than Paxil as Antidepressant

Seems like this one keeps coming up and being shown over and again to have some beneficial properties. Studies just keep coming out to support St. John's Wart. I've seen a couple in the past that claimed that it is useless, but why do new studies come out saying it's effective?

I'm not sold on homeopathic cures. I think too much of it is suspect with little or no real scientific evidence to support it. I know some people who claim some of these cures work, but I've never seen any effect when I tried them.

Of course, when ever the study is by a large corporate drug maker, I just throw it in the dumper. I find it far to suspect when they claim that homeopathic cures are useless. I'd like to see some real scientific body do a real study.

No comments: