Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bush's Open Mic

I'm finding it hard to see why some in the MSM are finding this an embarrassing situation. Personally, if that had been me, the language would have been far more, uh, colorful.
Bush: What about Kofi Annan? I don't like the sequence of it. His attitude is basically cease-fire and everything else happens.

Blair: I think the thing that is really difficult is you cant stop this unless you get this international presence agreed.

Bush: She's going. I think Condi's going to go pretty soon.

Blair: Well that's all that matters. If you see, it will take some time to get out of there. But at least it gives people ...

Bush: It's a process I agree. I told her your offer too.

Blair: Well it's only or if she's gonna or if she needs the ground prepared as it were. See, if she goes out she's got to succeed as it were, where as I can just go out and talk.

Bush: See the irony is what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and it's over.

Blair: Cause I think this is all part of the same thing. What does he think? He thinks if Lebanon turns out fine, if he gets a solution in Israel and Palestine, Iraq goes in the right way, he's done it. That's what this whole things about. It's the same with Iran.

Bush: I feel like telling Kofi to get on the phone with Assad and make something happen. We're not blaming Israel and we're not blaming the Lebanese government.

Can't get by those "lap-dog" comments either:
Most UK papers agreed that Blair had fared the worse over the microphone mishap. The remarks provided a unique insight into the relationship between the two men, said The Independent.

It had "done little to rebuff suspicions that the prime minister is something of a Washington poodle." said the Opposition Conservative-supporting Daily Mail.

Moronic statement that. How is it that if someone agrees with Bush he's immediately a lacky? Couldn't be that he has sound reasoning and judgement on his side. But then, when has the Daily Mail ever used those parts of the mental tool kit.

Personally, I think the President should have a Secret Service member in the sound booth for these things and when they aren't actively speaking he should just shut down the system. This Gotcha press maneuvering is pathetic.


1 comment:

Granted said...

Colorful is just about the finest way you could describe the way I would be talking about Syria. I suspect the varnish on the table would be peeling as I spoke. Bush showed great restraint in using a single vulgar word when referring to Syria.