Monday, December 18, 2006

Big Brother is Watching

From SayUncle. It appears that some of this posting has been attracting hits from some LEO agencies.
I’d like to give a shout-out to my homie Ray-ray from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce Implementation Center.

Given the ATF’s recent ruling that the Akins Accelerator is a machine gun after having ruled it wasn’t (be wary of fickle bureaucrats), there have been quite a few searches for Akins Accelerator landing at this site from various .gov agencies, including:

U.S. Dept. of Commerce Implementation Center
DOJ
Dept. of Treasury
Office of asset forfeiture
NYC.gov

And they’ve been hanging out for a while when reading. I never bought one but was going to after I got my Christmas shopping done. Guess that’s out of the question now.

Not that I'm particularly surprised. The question is, are they reading for info collection and legal investigations or is this intimidation? I'd like to avoid the postulation of intimidation, but in a world where it is so simple to avoid having your viewer information link you directly to the agency that they work for, you'd think they'd be a bit more subtle.


No comments: