Tuesday, April 11, 2006

New MA Health Care Plan

I heard about this last Friday and thought it sounded very promising. Time will tell of course, but it does seem like a good way to get everyone to pay for health care, without falling back on government and taxes. As we know, because (rightly) you can't be refused emergency care, the truth is that we DO have universal health care in this country. The problem is that only the insured pay for it, and the uninsured make the bills higher than they should be by only having access to expensive emergency care.

What impressed me about reading this piece is that I didn't realize the impetus and research to make this happen came from Gov. Romney.

1 comment:

Nylarthotep said...

Here's an article saying it won't work.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2006-04-09-oppose-health_x.htm

It strikes me as a touch thin, but I haven't seen anyone else speaking to the problems.