Friday, April 07, 2006

Michael Yon Returns to Iraq

Michael Yon is returning to the war.

In the few months since leaving the war, I’ve crisscrossed the United States several times, talking with infantrymen in their twenties and veterans in their eighties, helicopter pilots, special forces soldiers, families and friends of wounded and killed warriors, all for a book about the Deuce Four’s Battle for Mosul. But it’s time to take a break from writing to let the facts and details steep. I’ve headed back to war.

I am writing now from the Middle East, poised to reenter the war in less than 15 hours; this time without the protection of the military.

I've added a link to his site. I found his work with the Deuce Four very interesting and I'm hoping he continues, safely, with the excellent information.

(h/t Instapundit)

No comments: