Friday, April 21, 2006

Intimidation

This is great stuff. The story is, protesters put their contact information in a press release. Michele Malkin publishes said press release. Lefty bloggers & fans flip out at her fascist tactics. In response, Democratic Underground fans decide to start looking up searching out private information and post it on the internet to prove how much better than Ms. Malkin they are (I guess that was the goal).
Problem is, these simpleton's are getting the private information wrong.
Also, read the comments & responses. You get the sense that the "right wing" bloggers aren't exactly nervous about a visit from DU followers? My only thought is how vulnerable I'd be should a bunch of neo-hippies show up at my house. Seriously. It's scary. I'd be laughing so hard I might not be able to defend myself.

UPDATE: From Nylarthotep

I caught this from a link at SayUncle. He points to the blog LeanLeft's entry on topic. The topic relates to the interesting choice of invective that the left used at Malkin's site. You can read it yourself, since I see no need to quote the really vile but obviously far more intelligent and realistic liberals and their ability to be extremely sexist and racist.

I will quote Balloon Juice on the topic though, since I thought it quite reasonable.
The run-down:

Students protest military recruiters, include their personal information in a press release.

Right wing pundit links the press release.

Some knuckle-draggers make threatening comments to the protestors, sending the left-wing of the blogosphere into a tizzy. The protestors achieve exalted victim status!

The left-wing knuckle draggers man their keyboards, and begin the threats against the pundit. Pundit achieves exalted victim status!

Just another week in the circle of stupid that online punditry has become. If you will excuse me, I am going to go read more so I, too, can get outraged about something.

Pretty clearly right on just how worthless so much of the reactions in the blogsphere really are.


No comments: