Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Louisiana Pork

Someone has out-lined the pork present in Mary Landrieu's Louisiana recovery bill.

Here are some of the gems:


  • $35,000,000 for the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board
  • $8,000,000 for direct financial assistance to alligator farmers
  • $12,000,000 for the restoration of wildlife management areas
  • $25,490,073 to complete the Sugarcane Research Laboratory
  • $120,000,000 for a laboratory, facilities and equipment at the Southern Regional Research Center
  • $28,300,000 for the restoration and rehabilitation of forest lands
  • $34,193,591 to support the research and education activities of the Agriculture Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service
Yep, no fat on that bill. And the article points to lots more.

Congress hasn't shown any desire to trim the fat from other pork laden bills to pay for the recovery, and Landrieu is piling on the pork before anyone has even figured out how to pay for this mess. But there's responsible government for you.


5 comments:

XFI MMA said...

Hey, Necrofeelytip!

I was coming back to this ghost town of a "blog" because I noticed I have about 31 comments in a 48 hour period and I couldn't help but laugh when your only come back to this piece of crap site not having any traffic was to try and say I don't have any either, lol.

Your 3-5 comments stands up strong to my 31. Good thinking. Keep this blog going. I'm sure it's gratifying to put in all that ilconceived work to no avail.

Now, come back with something stupid about how you're better than me because I'm a Christian and you're too good for God and prayer. I know it's coming and reading it from an ignorant, lost 41 year old is not only sad on your part, but it's pretty funny because you'd expect people your age to have their ducks in a row this late in life, lol.

Are you the anonymous Oregon moron who keeps commenting on my blog? I'll bet it's you, but you'll deny it because I make your uneducated comments look like garbage.

OH NO! Don't deny it! Whatever will all 3 of your readers think?!?!?!?!

See you later, Necrofeelytip......the private, blaspheming "Christian."

Nylarthotep said...

What blazingly intelligent commentary. Did you think up that new nickname for me on your own? It's quite astute is representing something, I'm just uncertain as to what.

But seeing who is leaving the comment, I guess I shouldn't be overly surprised.

You are truly the lord of the comments. Your staggering 31 must put too much of a load on the servers. But I'll point out again, that my comment wasn't that I do well, but that your not exactly an Instapundit yourself. But keep raving on brain child.

Your put downs on my life are just astoundingly laughable. You know nothing of me or my beleifs, and obviously you can't read, since you haven't bothered to actually read what I write here.

No I haven't commented on your blog since I haven't wasted my time and energy commenting to a fool.

And lastly, any further comments that aren't on topic will be deleted. If you have anything even remotely on topic, I'll leave them on, but I find it unlikely that you'll be capable of doing that. Oh and just to get ahead of you, that's not censorship, it's staying with relevance and not maintaining your pissing contest for you.

Now go forth and prove what an astounding mental giant you are to the world, you've already proven it to the small cast of readers here.

XFI MMA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nylarthotep said...

Non Sequiter.

RV's comment is as usual off topic and non-sensical.

Granted said...

Hey, Rep Vet, get a life, please.

Nyarl isn't christian. Neither am I. Get over it.

Yep, Nyarl is 41. I'm 42. Get over it.

Is our blog small? Yep. I didn't realize this was a pissing match, 'cause really, comparing the size of a blog isn't what those are all about. You want to get into the real deal, let me know. Otherwise, get over it.

You've got people tormenting you on your blog. I'm shocked. Get over it.

While we're at it, get over it.

Jeez what a schmuck.