Monday, October 24, 2005

Instapunk Pops

Wow! I'm in humble awe at the high level of thought and the scope of the writing that makes up this post. Yeah, OK, he makes the same mistakes that most people make about WWI's resolution, and aftermath (yes, we won it, but no, we shouldn't have). With that exception, I was extremely pleased with what he wrote & said.
Minor nit to pick, I think the issue is not that there is too much communication, writing, talking, etc., rather that it is far to concentrated. From what I've seen & read more Americans in the past were writing & reading than they are today (Stephen King & Dannielle Steele don't count). They were at least somewhat practiced at communicating (if not spelling) well. I keep hoping that maybe the internet, blogging, citizen journalism and all that rot will actually lead to a rebirth of that sort of thing.
Anyway, it's a great read. Have fun.

No comments: