Thursday, May 11, 2006

Iranian Appeasement

Sounds like the Munich Pact of 1938 to me.

The head of the UN nuclear watchdog has welcomed moves to avert possible United Nations' sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program.

Mohamed ElBaradei, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), says he is pleased the UN Security Council is holding off from sanctions against Iran as Europeans work on a package of benefits to induce Iran to cooperate.

"I'm very optimistic. I hope both sides will move away from the war of words, I hope the pitch will go down, I hope people will adopt a cool-headed approach," he said.

"We need compromises from both sides.

"I hope that at this stage we will use more carrots before we think of using sticks.

Let's just go ahead and relive that history that we are ignoring again.

No comments: