Monday, February 13, 2006

Why oh why can't more senators be like this?

This guy is about as far as one can get from the two buffoons that are forced upon me by the "intellectuals" of my state.

When Coburn disparaged an earmark for Seattle -- $500,000 for a sculpture garden -- Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., was scandalized: ``We are not going to watch the senator pick out one project and make it into a whipping boy.'' She invoked the code of comity: ``I hope we do not go down the road deciding we know better than home state senators about the merits of the projects they bring to us.'' And she warned of Armageddon: ``I tell my colleagues, if we start cutting funding for individual projects, your project may be next.'' But Coburn, who does not do earmarks, thinks Armageddon sounds like fun.

1 comment:

Nylarthotep said...

I read this on sunday. Funny that you posted it. I was thinking about it, but didn't know where to go with it.

Have to say that I wish there were more politicians of this mettle. I had to laugh about the Senate "codes of commity." That from the "statue garden" senator. Utter rubbish.