Friday, February 17, 2006

Clinton on Cartoons

Well, Bill Clinton gets a small portion of the topic correct, while completely ignoring the majority of the conflict.
Mr Clinton made his comments in Pakistan where he was launching an HIV/Aids project.

"I strongly disagree with the creation and publication of cartoons that are considered blasphemous by the Muslims around the world," the AFP news agency quotes him as saying.

"I thought it was a mistake."

But he lamented the escalation of differences over the issue.

"I had no objections to Muslims who were demonstrating in a peaceful way their convictions.

"I thought [the cartoons issue] was also a great opportunity which I fear has been squandered to build bridges," AFP reports.
Missing a bit. I'd say that there must be something missing of his statements, but I'm going to doubt that. No mention of the demands for censorship of the Danish free press or the hypocrisy of the Moslem world caricaturing of other religions. But then, Bill isn't out there to make relevant social commentary, he's just trying to be popular.


No comments: