Thursday, February 02, 2006

Was Ted Kennedy Wrong?

I'm so confused. For weeks, Planned Parenthood told me that Alito had a radical right-wing agenda. Not just right-wing, mind you, but RADICAL right-wing. Kennedy got all red in the face as he ranted about how Alito consistently sided with the government against the little guy.

And now, right out of the starting gate, this.

Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas supported lifting the stay, but Alito joined the remaining five members in turning down Missouri’s last-minute request to allow a midnight execution.


How can this be? Can it be that Kennedy doesn't know what he's talking about? That he exaggerated? That he was just posturing for his far-left base? Naaaa.

I know what it is. Karl Rove told Alito to let this one go just to throw the press off balance.

1 comment:

Nylarthotep said...

I read a couple of articles on this, and I'm a bit surprised myself that he strayed from the liberal norm. But then, I don't know the actual content of the arguments, so I can't really understand his reasoning at present.

But it does look like the "little guy" wasn't ignored as Ted-the-Hutt would have you believe.