Saturday, February 25, 2006

Home from Perdition

Dallas was pretty much horrible. I love when business trips have nothing go right. I remarked about poor planning when I was notified about having to go, and that poor planning made things go from bad to worse.

Of course, having a "partner" company decide that your company must provide the tools to validate your competitors solution is a touch insulting. Having a pompous jackass to interface with doesn't help either. I suppose I was lucky that he only threatened my supervisor and not me. I don't like the thought of having to be bailed out of jail in Texas. (I'm not fond of people jabbing a finger in my chest and screaming in my face, so having my supervisor go through it was probably advantageous. I did get that fight-or-flight adrenalin rush, but there was no flight part.)
Well, I hope never to go there again. We got orders on Thursday, from our CEO, to pack up and ship all the equipment home. Our "partner" now has no method to validate their solution, so hopefully this will screw them pretty hard.

Had the worst Sushi I've ever had in my life in Dallas.
I did get to experience Fogo de Chao. If you're a large carnivore and have someone else paying for it, it's outstanding.

I also spent the week in shirt sleeves while everyone else was wearing winter clothes. I suppose living in New England has some advantages.

I suppose the worst part of it all was spending 14 hour days with my supervisor, who I don't care for. Having to listen to him continuously saying it was a "good experience" when it was a lousy experience just made me mad. Over and over again.


5 comments:

Granted said...

That doesn't sound like fun.

Have you ever noticed that the office bullies, mostly, pick on people that they know won't remove their finger.

geekwife said...

You know, the evil part of me would really love to see someone shouting in Nylar's face and jabbing their finger in his chest. I've never actually seen a digit torn off and forcibly rammed up the owner's backside before.

As for me in a similiar situation, I'm thinking the first 3 moves of #16. That's get my point across without resulting in any jail time, don't you think, Granted?

Granted said...

Including the groin kick?

geekwife said...

I considered the groin kick. I think it would depend on the size of the guy. A little guy probably wouldn't need it; with a big guy, it would help ensure the arm bar went smoothly. It could just be a quick pop, nothing damaging.

Hey, I felt threatened! He was physically assaulting me!

Granted said...

You could get away with just about anything. I, on the other hand, would really have to justify why, after knocking the guy down, I followed up with a shot to the throat and a yank on the arm with a foot in the ribs. "Hey, his arm just dislocated on his own, honest. And that punctured lung, he had that coming in."