Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Subway Profiling: Computer Nerds

Found this one at Schneier. Pretty weird. The guy was acting like your usual technology/computer geek and got pinched in the Tube under the Terrorism Act.

I am told that I am being stopped and searched because:

· they found my behaviour suspicious from direct observation and then from watching me on the CCTV system;

· I went into the station without looking at the police officers at the entrance or by the gates;

· two other men entered the station at about the same time as me;

· I am wearing a jacket "too warm for the season";

· I am carrying a bulky rucksack, and kept my rucksack with me at all times;

· I looked at people coming on the platform;

· I played with my phone and then took a paper from inside my jacket.

Now that is just pathetic. Read the whole article. The US may be more open and less secure, but I'd prefer that to being trodden on by the government for thin excuses.


No comments: