Friday, July 01, 2005

Slow Blog Yesterday

Sorry for the lack of posts yesterday. I started the day with no access to the web, and then more than half of my company got laid off, so I didn't have a lot of time to play here. I fortunately am one of the survivors of the massacre.

The really odd thing is that the last time I was laid off I was looking at this rifle kit to purchase. (scroll down to the last rifle on the page.) I've just finished reading Wellington's Rifles : Six Years to Waterloo with England's Legendary Sharpshooters. I enjoyed the book quite a lot and went looking for the rifle again on Tuesday. Then the layoff stuff came. Deja Vu.

So I guess I'd best buy the rifle and kill this karma once and for all.

2 comments:

Firehand said...

Ever read any of the Sharpe books by Bernard Cornwell? About a Rifle officer in the Peninsular War, I think the first was 'Sharpe's Rifles'. Pretty good books

Nylarthotep said...

Yeah, all here are big fans. I've read most of the books. Granted and the Geekwife I'm certain have read all of them. Also seen the Tv series. Excellent all around.