Monday, July 04, 2005

Batman

Saw Batman Begins last night. One word. Fantastic.

The beginning is not by the comic books completely, but is forgivable. Being a bit of a Batman fanatic I think it did reasonably well. The explanation of where Batman gets his toys is simple and short and satisfying.

The fight scenes are dizzying. Not the stiff Tim Burton BS fights but the scary blurs of one guy kicking the hell out of a large number of combatants. Very satisfying.

The BatMobile is Bloody outstanding. I've read several morons complaining about the car. I saw no issues. It's exactly what you'd expect the Batman to drive. They even explain it well.

The special effects around the ScareCrow are just stunning. Especially when he gets a dose and has to face the Bat. Damn, I even found that frightening.

The story sticks together OK, but I was more enthusiastic when I walked out of the theater. I won't go into details. You should just see it. Oh. and you best see it on the big screen. Some of the visuals I don't think will translate as well to the small screen.

No comments: