Monday, January 03, 2005

Obnoxious Quotes of 2004

From Right Wing News via INDC Journal.
Some really funny, though obnoxious quotes.

And some are just outrageous.

"The word 'hero' has been bandied about a lot to refer to anyone killed in Afghanistan or Iraq. But anyone who voluntarily goes to Afghanistan or Iraq [as a soldier] is fighting for an evil cause under an evil commander in chief." -- Ted Rall

Well, let's get this guy a blanket party and invite the Armed Forces.

On the subway, Peter asked, 'Shouldn't we consider having triplets?' And I had this adverse reaction: 'This is why they say it's the woman's choice, because you think I could just carry triplets. That's easy for you to say, but I'd have to give up my life.' Not only would I have to be on bed rest at 20 weeks, I wouldn't be able to fly after 15. I was already at eight weeks. When I found out about the triplets, I felt like: It's not the back of a pickup at 16, but now I'm going to have to move to Staten Island. I'll never leave my house because I'll have to care for these children. I'll have to start shopping only at Costco and buying big jars of mayonnaise. Even in my moments of thinking about having three, I don't think that deep down I was ever considering it." -- Amy Richards, an abortion rights advocate

Yes, her husband is just a Neolithic monster. Or, maybe she is.
This has nothing to do with freedom of choice, which I support, or with their use of IVF or other aids with having children and then the potential need to abort excess fetus to protect the others. It only has to do with how it would "inconvenience" her life. Sweet Brighid, it speaks for itself.

Then there is the Flatulent Film Forger From Flint:

"The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' or 'The Enemy.' They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win." -- Michael Moore




1 comment:

geekwife said...

Yes, I'll volunteer to help hold Ted Rall down until the party starts. He is truly repugnant. And if the gov't is as evil as he claims, surely it would have shut him down by now, wouldn't they? Oh, sorry, didn't mean to use logic and intellect... I know it will confuse the left.

The moral state of Ms. Richards is tougher. But I agree, kids are all about "inconvenience", and one thinks she had a tough adjustment to the life of being a mommy no matter how many kids she had at once. She does come off as being pretty self-centered. I'm betting she's not in the running for any mother-of-the-year awards, regardless.