Friday, August 04, 2006

Secure Instant Messaging

Cool. There is a way to use your every-day Instant Messaging systems while encrypting the information.
ScatterChat is unique in that it is intended for non-technical human rights activists and political dissidents operating behind oppressive national firewalls. It is an instant messaging client that provides end-to-end encryption over the Electronic Frontier Foundation-endorsed Tor network. Its security features include resiliency against partial compromise through perfect forward secrecy, immunity from replay attacks, and limited resistance to traffic analysis, all reinforced through a pro-actively secure design.
I personally don't use IM, for similar reason I don't have a cell-phone. (I don't want to be bothered continually while I'm trying to work.) I do have Trillian installed for when I need it, but that's it.

I did install Scatter Chat and was stunned at how very simple it is.

Well, now to see who I can make angry by trying to make this the company standard IM program. Heh.


1 comment:

Granted said...

Cool. I'll have to send this one on to my organization too.