Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Landis the Loser

This should piss off anyone who's a cycling race fan.

Was it something he ate?

"Now there's also the possibility, and it's an argument that has been used by other people," Landis told host Jay Leno on Tuesday. "At this point, I don't know if it's somehow or some way I ingested something that caused the tests to be that way."

Leno didn't go easy on Landis, who canceled what was supposed to be a triumphant post-Tour de France appearance late last month because he was still in Europe following the news that he had tested positive for a high testosterone ratio during the race.

"I see you on these shows," Leno said, "and I do want to believe you and evidence seems - I don't know if it's overwhelming - but it seems pretty conclusive, right?"

Landis said yes, if one goes by the tests, and Leno shot back, "Why should we not go by the tests? Tell me why.'"

Landis responded that there were several possibilities, saying, "The tests and the people doing the tests would like you to believe that the only possibility is that I essentially took some drugs and that's why the test is that way."

That's when Landis wondered out loud if he took something without realizing it.
Was it something he ate? Yeah, if it was laced with artificial testosterone.

Christ I thought he was an American Cyclist, not an American Baseball player.

No comments: