Friday, August 11, 2006

ReutersGate

I couldn't resist. The link takes you to an interesting piece on FauxtoJounalism.

It's not just Reuters.

Ace puts it right:
If Rummy tried to run a war on the cheap, as the media loves to quote itself sayin, is the media any less guilty of trying cover a war on the cheap? Using dubiously-credentialed, likely-biased local stringers to do most of its reporting and picture-taking, and then sending their stories and pictures out to the world as if they'd all been collected by Columbia School of Journalism graduates?

A lot of these guys seem to be hustlers. And the NYT, Reuters, et al. allowed themselves to be hustled. And then in turn hustled millions and millions of readers.

I suppose I'm a little more paranoid. I'm going to conjecture that some of these hustlers are working for the bad guys. (And no I'm not paranoid. Well, maybe a little.)


No comments: