Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Salon's Prejudice

Mel Gibson has once again proven that the artist and his art should be as seperated as humanly possible lest that art get tainted. I first experience this with HP Lovecraft. I enjoyed reading his stories so much that I started finding out more about the man. He was a racist train wreck of a human being. Still wrote great stories.
I've enjoyed Mel Gibson's films (although I haven't seen The Passion of The Christ). I was reading a blog that is definately to the right of Salon (not saying much I realize) Ace of Spades, when he posted a quite deragatory post about Gibson's anti-semetic melt down. Yes, he was critical. So were several other right wing sites I went to.
But I must have been wrong, because here's Salon saying that it'll be OK with all those hateful right wingers.

But as he yells he is unlikely to be marginalized as a bigot, despite the charge by one Hollywood publicist that Gibson had committed a "nuclear disaster," because bigotry in Bush America is just another salient in the battle against the left wing. In the end, Mel Gibson, who avoided the code words and spoke more plainly than his supporters, may not have died for our sins, but he did get drunk for them. For that he is likely to receive a measure of sainthood among some acolytes in a country where hate doesn't carry the stigma it once did.

BS. Total BS.
I'm fairly certain we'd be characterized as right wing, so, allow me to say this: Mel Gibson is a racist pig. What he said was 100% out of line, incorrect, and unsupportable and down right stupid. In short, he shared quite a lot with this Salon article.

No comments: