Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Over Estimating Their Own Importance

I've listened to this a couple of times, and I have a hard time holding my lunch every time.
"I think Hillary Clinton is fantastic. But I think it is too soon for her to run. This may sound odd, but a woman should be past her sexuality when she runs. Hillary still has sexual power, and I don't think people will accept that. It's too threatening," Stone says in the new issue of Hollywood Life magazine.
And
Liz dishes on what Madonna said to Out magazine, a snippet that did not make it to the final print cut of the current cover story:

"Hillary should go for it. I don't think now is necessarily her time, or the Democrats' time, but she should certainly go for it. You've got to start somewhere, in terms of a woman leading the U.S. In Europe and Asia and elsewhere, women have ruled over millions, it's not an abstract concept. But in America, men are still afraid. And I don't think women are too comfortable with the idea of a female in charge. I find that really amazing."

Threatening? Afraid? Not bloody likely. What I'm afraid of is the fact that Hillary's stand on topics change with every shift in the polls. She's "always been a Yankees fan." The extreme shifts that she makes to appear a moderate held in contrast with what she publicly states to her far left constituents are enough to make any moderate, not to mention conservative, nervous.

But then, who really gives a #$%@ what a pair of especially liberal Californian pop-cultural types really think?


No comments: