Thursday, March 30, 2006

Democrat's 'Real Security'

I went to the BoGlobe for the article, and even they don't come across as enthusiastic. I've read their 'Real Security' piece and it's pretty much what is being done at present. The details otherwise are really thin to the point of being non-existent.
In the strategy, Democrats vowed to provide US agents with the resources to ''eliminate" Osama bin Laden and ensure a ''responsible redeployment of US forces" from Iraq this year. They promised to rebuild the military, eliminate dependence on foreign oil, and implement the recommendations of the Sept. 11 commission. Those are many of the same proposals Democrats have offered before.
I suppose there is no real reason to listen to a party-line. When it comes down to votes in the end, I really prefer to hear what the candidate has to say. The party-line is just vaguery.

Well at least they finally have some semblance of a plan. It will be interesting to see what they actually propose for implementation.


1 comment:

geekwife said...

From what I've heard, they don't have a strategy for implementation, they just have the list of goals. And goals that both sides agree on, mind you. It's not like the GOP wants UBL to remain at large. And Bush has been on about reducing dependence on foreign oil for years. Of course, anyone with a brain knows that when they say "responsible redeployment" of troops in Iraq what they mean is "pull out" of Iraq, so they do differ from the current administration there. Furthermore, the Dems focus on UBL says to me that they see the war on terror as being about one man, rather than the much larger, longer cultural war that I believe it to be. Once again, these are not the people I want in charge of my security.

As far as I can tell, the Dems haven't developed a clear vision and strategy for where they want to take the country; they are just mouthing feel-good-isms to take advantage of the downturn in Bush's popularity. Blah.