Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kerry's Apology

I hate politicians, and Senator Kerry is right up there near the top of those that deserve such disdain.
“I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.”
I suppose I take his apology out of context, but I translate that as "I regret you're to stupid to clearly understand my botched delivery of a joke's punchline, so I'm sorry you were offended."

This statement sounds a bit better, but still has the whiny voice to it.
This afternoon Kerry said in a statement, “As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.”
Kerry goes on to state he does not want his “verbal slip” to be a “diversion” from the debate on the war in Iraq.
Funny how he was bashing away at the Bush policy in Iraq, but when he delivers his joke, he doesn't even manage to make reference to Bush or even a third party. The joke can clearly be seen as being an attack on the troops, which Kerry has been more than vocal about even recently. His whole attempt at diverting the blame made things far worse.

I was truly amazed at the level of MSM coverage of this yesterday. Every news show had at least one segment of political analysis around it each hour. I did get to see Imus' discussion with Kerry and frankly thought the start of the conversation was enough. I'll paraphrase - "John? Just shut up."


No comments: