Thursday, November 02, 2006

Enjoy Canada - Don't Come Back

Saw this linked at Drudge.

A U.S. Army soldier who fled to Canada rather than return to Iraq has disappeared again, this time just a day after surrendering to the military.

Pvt. Kyle Snyder, 23, of Colorado Springs, Colo., told The Associated Press he was supposed to return by bus to Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., Louisville on Tuesday but didn't go. He said he went AWOL after Fort Knox officials told him he would be sent back to his unit, the 94th Engineer Battalion.

Snyder returned to the United States on Saturday, after his lawyer said he had reached a deal to receive an other-than-honorable discharge.

"I came back in good faith," Snyder said Wednesday by phone. "I put my trust in them one more time. Why should I put my trust in them again when I can just go back to Canada?"

He did not disclose his location.
You got me. I'm a bit doubtful as to the military stating they were going to send him back to his unit. You'd think that would definitely get you the results seen. Then again, why should I be surprised that they would do something like that. (I almost want to make a John Kerry barb.)

Personally, I would have put him in a little cell with iron bar doors.


No comments: