Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Dems and Revisionist History

Well said piece on the Dems's current stance in general and Chris Wallace's interview of Jay Rockefeller last Sunday in particular.

Wallace noted that before making that statement and voting to authorize force in Iraq, Rockefeller had seen the national intelligence estimate, which "indicated there was a disagreement among analysts about (Saddam's) nuclear program." Rockefeller's primary non-answer to the undeniable point that he knew of this disagreement before voting was, "You know, it was not the Congress that sent 135,000 or 150,000 troops to Iraq."

This is sheer dissembling by Rockefeller, following the lead of Sen. Kerry, who during his presidential campaign concocted the creative canard that his vote to authorize the use of force against Iraq didn't mean what it said. No, we're expected to believe the Democrats understood that President Bush would continue to negotiate ad infinitum and demand more useless U.N. resolutions.


Hmmm... Once again, the left has confused me. I thought the constitution prevented the President from waging war without Congressional approval. Am I wrong in that understanding? This sounds to me like a kid whining "he MADE me do it!" to get out of trouble. I can't believe this is their best strategy for winning the next elections. It sure oesn't have me thinking, "ooh, I can't wait to vote them into power first chance I get." Quite the opposite.

No comments: