Thursday, December 08, 2005

Scary Stupid Hippies

Caught this on the MuD&PHuD blog. These people make me nervous and angry all at the same time.
About two weeks ago, a male approximately 5 foot 9, 150 pounds broke and entered my house. (SIDE NOTE: This is funny because it is true.)

That night, or rather, early that morning, it was really, really not funny. I had just locked up the front door and the dog in the front room. My friend Lauren was watching TV in the back room.

Suddenly Jules, my roommate's seven-month-old black lab, began barking like she has mad cow, or bird flu, or mad cow and bird flu. She's growling and snapping like I never have heard her bark before.

Then we heard the coughing. Then we heard stomping. Dogs don't cough or stomp.

Lauren and I were freaking out. We grabbed butcher knives and head lamps and quickly turned on all the lights in my house.

(SIDE NOTE: For this to be funny, make sure you are picturing two women in a hallway, clutching pillows across our bodies, butcher knives in hand, wearing head lamps and pajamas.)

Funny? Yeah in a way you laugh at really stupid people who are explaining a situation where they were excessively stupid.

The point of the article is:
(SIDE NOTE: I am a pretty liberal hippie when it comes to life, a make-love-not-war type of girl. But I know enough about anatomy to know a butcher knife doesn't protect from a bullet. I have been an anti-hand gun person for years, mainly because they serve one purpose: to kill people. However, this has become a matter of self-defense. Damn it, this is Texas, and I'm gettin' a gun.)
and
Anyway, I begin my gun classes in January. I hear that with a shotgun, I won't miss much, so for the record, I also am buying a raffle ticket from the Texas Tech Polo Club.
Absolutely pathetic. With the response to a crisis situation that is told here, I'm pretty sure I would avoid these people like the plague. Another Anti-Gunner who suddenly gets a revelation that maybe some people should be able to defend themselves. Typical.


2 comments:

Granted said...

Hey, hey, once they've had the revelation, let's gently, nicely, magnanimously, get the gun into their hands. Not berate them for their abject stupidity prior to opening their eyes.

Nylarthotep said...

Yeah, put into their hands and live elsewhere.

If you can't think on your feet sufficiently well to come up with a better defense than turning on all the lights and arming your self with a door, a head-lamp, and a butcher's knife, I think you may be standing in the way of evolution.