Thursday, December 08, 2005

Canadian Stupidity

h/t Instapundit

The three people who browse this blog, but not the Instapundit might be interested in just how stupid some of our northern neighbors are becoming. So the gun registry system up there worked so well that now they're going to try to ban guns outright. Morons.

BTW, every single time one of the anti-gun crowd here in the USA tries to implement universal registry, the first thing they'll say is, "Oh no, this would never be used to confiscate legally owned guns." Yeah... Right... Pull this leg, it plays "Jingle Bells."

3 comments:

Nylarthotep said...

Haven't seen many samurai around lately. I seem to recall that they had an issue with firearms at the Meji period.

Swords are nice, but I'll keep my m1911 as long as I can get ammo.

Tom said...

Last time I checked carrying a sword was illegal in most states.

I am, however, glad that jessa feels so strongly. I'm sure such convictions will be sufficient to stop bad guy from raping your children.

Granted said...

Oh, I'll keep the swords & knives around too. In addition to the bo & extendable baton & escrima & tire thumper & harsh language. Hell, if none of those are available, I've got more than a few extremely well practiced techniques for dropping even really large guys in their tracks with hands, feet, knees & elbows. However, it'd just be far more efficient, and a lot less work, to use the Sig Sauer P245.

.45 caliber is the way to go.

I second the thought. Seems to me saying, you'll follow the Samurai path is the same as saying you'll follow the Dinosaur path. They were majestic in their day, but got replaced.