Friday, March 20, 2009

Obamatuer

I didn't coin the phrase, but I do find it funny. (I don't know if Steyn thought it up, but this is the first I've seen it.)

While not exactly a film buff, Gordon Brown was touched when Barack Obama gave him a set of 25 classic American movies – including Psycho, starring Anthony Perkins - on his recent visit to Washington.

Alas, when the PM settled down to begin watching them the other night, he found there was a problem.

The films only worked in DVD players made in North America and the words "wrong region" came up on his screen...

I'm just having a really hard time with just how pathetic this all is. I know all administrations have this type of start, but the Obamatuer is outdoing himself. The worst part is it gets so much international press. Can someone tell me just how this is helping the US image world wide? How is this bringing us back into the good graces of the international community? I'm sure Bin Laden is giggling over the incompetence.

With an administration run like this, I'd say Bush is looking better all the time.


No comments: