Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Democrat's Standard?

The Flatulent Fruit from Flint is ranting in support of anything Democrat. He's for Barack Waffles Obama, which no doubt is another strike against him. Here's a touch of his reasoned discourse.
I don't get to vote for President this primary season. I live in Michigan. The party leaders (both here and in D.C.) couldn't get their act together, and thus our votes will not be counted.

So, if you live in Pennsylvania, can you do me a favor? Will you please cast my vote -- and yours -- on Tuesday for Senator Barack Obama?

I haven't spoken publicly 'til now as to who I would vote for, primarily for two reasons: 1) Who cares?; and 2) I (and most people I know) don't give a rat's ass whose name is on the ballot in November, as long as there's a picture of JFK and FDR riding a donkey at the top of the ballot, and the word "Democratic" next to the candidate's name.

Seriously, I know so many people who don't care if the name under the Big "D" is Dancer, Prancer, Clinton or Blitzen. It can be Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Barry Obama or the Dalai Lama.

Yep, forget the issues, just look for the union (D). Not that there is a huge difference between HillBillary and the Obamessiah on the issues.
I know some of you will say, 'Mike, what have the Democrats done to deserve our vote?' That's a damn good question. In November of '06, the country loudly sent a message that we wanted the war to end. Yet the Democrats have done nothing. So why should we be so eager to line up happily behind them?

I'll tell you why. Because I can't stand one more friggin' minute of this administration and the permanent, irreversible damage it has done to our people and to this world. I'm almost at the point where I don't care if the Democrats don't have a backbone or a kneebone or a thought in their dizzy little heads. Just as long as their name ain't "Bush" and the word "Republican" is not beside theirs on the ballot, then that's good enough for me.

I, like the majority of Americans, have been pummeled senseless for 8 long years. That's why I will join millions of citizens and stagger into the voting booth come November, like a boxer in the 12th round, all bloodied and bruised with one eye swollen shut, looking for the only thing that matters -- that big "D" on the ballot.

Don't get me wrong. I lost my rose-colored glasses a long time ago.

Right. I love the rose-colored glasses statement. The problem with that is that he just strapped on another pair when endorsing Obama. Has Obama personally discussed any issues in detail? When he's not giving a speech he can hardly talk to a position. Well at least he got the part about the Dems doing nothing right. Though he seems to have missed the point that they control both houses and still can't get anything done. All that reaching across the aisle must be slowing down their progress.
Pennsylvania, the state that gave birth to this great country, has a chance to set things right. It has not had a moment to shine like this since 1787 when our Constitution was written there. In that Constitution, they wrote that a black man or woman was only "three fifths" human. On Tuesday, the good people of Pennsylvania have a chance for redemption.
Well that finale is pretty insulting. Imagine Pennsylvania was the birth place of the country, forgetting that the war of independence was fought throughout the colonies, the only important thing is where they signed the paper. And Pennsylvania needs redemption because the writers of the constitution (mostly from other states) held a different standard than we do today.

Don't bother reading it, he's ranting up his cavernous backside, like usual.



No comments: