Saturday, July 07, 2007

New Toy and Photos

Got a digital SLR recently and was playing a bit today.




This is a pond in NH near where I live. I walk around them once and a while for some peace and quiet.



This was in the woods. I believe it's a turks cap or something like that.

And these are in bloom in most of the ponds. Not the best flower, but it was the only one I could get close too.



It's quite a quiet place this time of year, mainly because people don't seem to be able to take the insects.

It's been pretty dry around here and the water levels are down so you can see the stone walls that are underwater most of the year.

I suppose I need to figure out how to take pictures. I see lots on thing I find striking, the problem is that I'm not really sure how to photograph them so that they are interesting or something others will enjoy.

Eh. Not so much a hobby as something to remind me of what is out there.


1 comment:

BobG said...

"I suppose I need to figure out how to take pictures. I see lots on thing I find striking, the problem is that I'm not really sure how to photograph them so that they are interesting or something others will enjoy."

It's all a matter of practice, and looking at other people's stuff. The nice thing about digital is that you can afford to be shutter-happy; with film it was expensive to click at everything. The area you show is very interesting, and should be a fertile field for pictures.