Tuesday, June 22, 2010

McChrystal's Mouth

I keep hearing that, McCrystal made a very poor choice, but I'm not so sure. I think BlackFive has the best round up of some of the better blog discussions.

He quotes Daniel Foster on the thought that McChrystal is tired of the whole mess and is falling on his sword about the Afghanistan mess struck me as having some probability. I guess I don't know enough about McChrystal to make that judgement,

Blogs of War have a discussion as well with loads of quotes.

I guess my biggest push to believing that McChrystal is either trying to shove the administration of amateurs into doing the right thing comes from comments by the press moron for the POTUS.

PETER MAER, CBS RADIO: Robert, you spoke a couple of times about what's owed to the people who are serving over there. What should people put in harm's way make of their commander taking these kinds of shots at the commander-in-chief and -- and the comments made by his close aides about the vice president, about General Jones, about Ambassador Eikenberry, and others?

GIBBS: Look, we -- I think anybody that reads that article understands, as Secretary Gates talked about, what an enormous mistake this was, given the fact that mothers and fathers all over this country are sending their children halfway across the world to participate in this. They need to know that the structure -- the structure where they're sending their children is one that is capable and mature enough in prosecuting a war as important as Afghanistan is to our national security. I think that is one of the things that the president will look to discuss tomorrow …

TAPPER: Can I just follow up on a question? You've said that -- you've said that the -- the parents of soldiers need to be sure that the command structure in Afghanistan is capable and mature enough to lead. Did I hear you correctly? You're -- so you're questioning whether General McChrystal is capable and mature enough to -- for this job he has?

GIBBS: You had my quote right.

Wow. I'd have to say putting them on a scale comparing maturing and capability would find the President and his amateurs wanting.



No comments: